Stakeholder & Community Engagement Workgroup (SCE-WG) Q4-2015 Update
The Stakeholder and Community Engagement Workgroup (SCE-WG) facilitates the development of regimens by early, effective, and appropriate collaboration of key stakeholders and by building awareness and support among communities. The ability to successfully engage the community while conducting clinical trials is an essential component for regimen development.
- Identify and develop resources to facilitate participatory approaches and community engagement in TB drug trials.
- Ensure early, effective, and appropriate collaboration of key stakeholders to facilitate regimen development.
4Q, 2015 Progress:
- SCE-WG held strategic planning sessions (November-December, 2015) to outline priorities for workgroup efforts going into 2016. SCE-WG received input from groups leading parallel efforts in community engagement work, including TB Alliance and AVAC (Community Engagement Forum, September, 2015) and FHI 360 (GPP-TB implementation research), as well as from proceedings at 2015 Union Conference on Lung Health (December, 2015).
- Members reviewed SCE-WG Community Engagement Inventory (2011) to mark progress on developing a GPP-TB resource, collaborating on GPP-TB training efforts, and highlighting the need to launch an online community of practice to promote engagement.
- Revised timeline for schedule of GPP-TB webinars to incorporate feedback from TB meetings (e.g., Union Conference) and refine topics of interest for these sessions.
- Outlined session for April CPTR Workshop to focus on efforts to evaluate and measure impact of community engagement activities. Presentations will highlight progress with releasing monitoring and evaluation tools at specific trial sites.