Stakeholder & Community Engagement Workgroup Q3-2015 Update
The Stakeholder and Community Engagement Workgroup (SCE-WG) facilitates the development of regimens by early, effective, and appropriate collaboration of key stakeholders and by building awareness and support among communities. The ability to successfully engage the community while conducting clinical trials is an essential component for regimen development.
- Identify and develop resources to facilitate participatory approaches and community engagement in TB drug trials.
- Ensure early, effective, and appropriate collaboration of key stakeholder to facilitate regimen development.
- Held kick-off webinar for series on Good Participatory Practice Guidelines for TB Drug Trials (GPP-TB) on Thursday, July 9, 2015.
- Webinar covered the core concepts of GPP-TB and was well attended with over 40 participants.
- Due to level of interest, SCE-WG will move forward with plans to develop webinar series highlighting practical examples of GPP-TB in practice, or “from the field,” to encourage dialogue and sharing of best practices for community engagement in TB research (aim for quarterly presentations, topics TBD).