Economic Assessment/Impact Modeling Workgroup Q3-2015 Update
The Economic Assessment/Impact Modeling Workgroup is developing models to inform decisions needed to develop TPPs and to inform policy about use of DST with anticipated TB drug regimens.
- Develop a two-stage model for development and deployment of a Rapid DST.
- Harmonize efforts with other models related to novel first-line regimens.
- Create a risk management model that describes the probability of emergence of drug-resistant TB in certain thresholds (e.g., 20% of all TB is MDR within 20 years) and the ability to mitigate that risk.
- A manuscript on a “mixed infections” model was accepted for publication in the Clinical Infectious Diseases journal.
- Held a call with BMGF to discuss aligning goals of this workgroup with RDST efforts.